Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Inferno 1.2 - bravo on the T1 frigate changes

No, not dead

Skill flipping and otherwise just lurking but still following EVE.

The Inferno 1.2 patch however is drawing me back in.  The inferno 1.0 and 1.1 patches didn't do it.  This one on the other hand...

And although you would think it would be the mining barge changes.  You'd be wrong.  The T1 frigate changes are what's REALLY got me interested.  The work CCP Ytterbium, CCP Tallest and CCP Fozzie have been doing is rather nice.

I just spent part of the evening playing around with pure T1 fits for the Slasher.  Arty armed diruptor/mwd.  Arty armed disruptor/dual prop  Arty armed AB.  They all works, they're all maneuverable they all FEELs like they are proper interceptors and they don't feel as underpowered as the previous incarnations.

Heck one of the mixes was - using pure T1 modules so even with rigs it wasn't more than 1.5mil - I had clocking at 4550 m/s and still ridiculously agile.  And it still had 2.5 pg and 41.8 cpu left over to play with the mix and match T2 and Meta.  Oh and perma mwd with perma tackle...  Obviously still vulnerable to neuts that are able to reach out to 18+km but otherwise... NICE

Yum.  I'll be rather curious to see what RvsB and the FW people think of them.  I have a feeling we'll be seeing some rather interesting fits.  Not to mention that you'll be wanting to fly these using exactly the same tactics as T2 interceptors.  This should lead to newbies graduating with better skills into the T2 interceptor roles since there won't be as great a difference in flying style if they cut their teeth with these ones.

Colour me impressed....

The barge whining on all sides I only find amusing.  Like what they've done but those changes, although excellent, do not grab me as much as the changes to the T1 inties.  I think we're going to see some surprised pilots out there who based on historical fits will rather underestimate the capabilities of the re-balanced frigates.  At any rate this should liven up the T1 frigate fleets rather nicely.

I can't wait for the next set of ships to be balanced by this team.  You do good work gentlemen.

1 comment:

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

OMG a post on Ye Olde Blog!

As the summer advances and drum practices are getting busier with the show approaching, I'm hearing the call more and more. One thing is certain, I'll be taking the Monday and Tuesday following the show off so I can do an all-out gaming binge. I will lose some ships, but I won't go down alone >:)