Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Thursday, April 1, 2010

This should be an amusing war

Prepare yourselves for some cryptic posts over the next few days. Since one of the wardec pilots confirmed that they read the blog, It should provide for some amusing comments on the previous days actions from my point of view.

And the first day ended with not a lot of action. As per usual, we went into scouting mode as they went into a loose patrol/gate camp. Most annoying feature of this war? Remember that logistical move? Friggen had to truck back to the old base since that's where they want to hunt us. Inconsiderate sots.

The ships they fly are juicy targets. Zealots, a Dramiel, a Hookbill, and a Ferox? (seriously, what's with the Ferox?) and two other pilots I didn't get eyeballs on.

So the first evening concluded in just the way I wanted it to. Inconclusive engagement wise while we continued to scout and gather intel.

7 comments:

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

The reds read your blog? Can I smack 'em? Can I? Can I?

:))

Letrange said...

Well since you're in another alliance - feel free to smack away - it's not like I can do anything about it.

Rixx Javix said...

Should be interesting. I've wondered about that since I started blogging... how it might impact the in-game stuff.

Letrange said...

It does - one must be careful about giving away operational info. There are entire sections of stuff I don't talk about at all as it relates to operational security. I may talk about it after the fact since the enemy is totally aware of said things AFTER the fact. But until someone stumbles on those items I tend to keep mum about them or talk in generalities without going into specifics. It can occasionally be a fine line.

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

@Bryan: I don't if you've noticed, but meta-gaming is kind of an important facet of EVE alliance warfare. Ask IT and Goons!

@Let: no worries, I know this isn't Local :)

Kename Fin said...

Ferox - get the LOL's out of the way. It didn't always get the hoots of laughter that it tends to generate now and flown correctly in a tight gang it can be a force. It still has a good tank and can blaster from range or snipe or can be completely refit with missiles.

A vampire Merlin would probably be more useful, but the Ferox tends to get ignored which works in it's favor. [That is, until you wipe out the other ships and it just melts.]

:)

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

A wise CEO from a now-dead corp once taught me this lesson: Caldari is latin for "lack of gank". :)